Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Water Pollution
2. Fertilizers/Nutrient Pollution
3. Oil, Gasoline, and Addictives Cause of these Water Pollutions: 1. Farm fields and roadside pollution - Runoff into local water
2. Sewage, Manure, Chemical Fertilizers - Nutrients - Nitrates, Phosphates
3. Oil Spills, Land-based Petroleum Pollution - Rain Runoff - Oil, Fuel, Fluid from Cars and Trucks, Gasoline, Industrial Machinery Happy Birthday! Effect of Water Pollutions: 1. Contaminates freshwater that fish swim in, and we drink, $400 million each year to clean
2. Overstimulates growth of aquatic plants - clogs waterways, blocks light to deeper water where organisms live - When the die, they use up oxygen - oxygen-poor waters
3. Contaminates coastal and groundwater, kills animals, sends dirty water into the water cycle Merry Christmas!!! Solutions to These Water Pollutions: Reducing nutrient and pesticide polltuion
Encourage smart agricultural practices
Less fertilizers and pesticides
Improve sewage pollution What Can Be Done Locally: No Pesticides
Picking Up Trash
Better Sewage Systems
Organic Car Gas My Question: Topic: Water Pollution
Identify the various causes and effects of water pollution in world water distributions Conclusion: As you can see, it is important that we take care of our world's water. Bibliography: grinningplanet.com By Cameron Jarnot
Period 2 Questions or Comments?