Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Development
Instruments and Assessments
Career Planning, Development, & Management Coaching
With a facilitator
Improvement Plan Areas
Reach Desired Goal Definition: When to Use It "A coach is hired to assist in designing a person's future, rather than reliving their past" (p. 204) Kinds of Coaching Leadership
Career Good Coaching Characteristics Communication Skills
Build a Positive Environment
Coachee Self-Discovery Goal:
Understanding effective individual interventions and their differences Skills
Executive's Agenda What Do You Think About... Coaching?
Mentoring? Scrubs Video Example The Case of Jim
1. Do you think executive coaching is the most effective kind of coaching for Jim? What kinds of coaching would be more beneficial to Jim?
2. What characteristics of good coaching did Jennifer use effectively? What characteristics could she improve on?
3. How effectively does Jennifer communicate understanding of the clients problem?
4. What do you think of Jim's reaction to the feedback? What would you do? Four Steps Preparation
Follow-up Definition: Gives immediate feedback/ counseling
Most likely within the same field
Long-term career development
Expert to protégé My Mentor Good Mentoring Characteristics +Trust
Investment of time
Ability to Communicate
Share Control What Employers Can Do: Requirement
Provide mentoring training
Smaller rank distance Mentor: Protégé Choose appropriate mentor
May be turned down
Respect mentor's time
Listen carefully When to Use It Within the same field
Method of Training
Consistency with career track Reflection Turn to the person next to you and say what you learned Our goal was for you to understand effective individual interventions and their differences. Risks Pairing
Uninterested Risks Evaluation Wrong Problem
Wrong Coach Role Play Scenarios
Follow up Meetings
Feedback from Others Evaluation Constant
Mentor Feedback * * * + + + + + + * * + Coaching Experiences? Mentoring Experiences?