Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Article III - Section 16-22
Transcript of Article III - Section 16-22
of political beliefs and aspirations. A guarantee against having "prisoners of conscience." Incarceration without charges of "political prisoners." Meaning of Involuntary Servitude. denotes a condition of enforced, compulsory service of one to another. It includes: 1. Slavery or the state of entire subjection of one person to the will of another; and
2. Peonage or the voluntary submission of a person (peon) to the will of another because of his debt. Purpose and Basis of Prohibition. to maintain a system of free and voluntary labor by prohibiting the control by which the personal service of one is disposed of or coerced for another's benefit. Human dignity is not a merchandise... Exceptions to prohibition. (1) when the involuntary servitude is imposed as a punishment of crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.
(2) when personal military or civil service is required of citizens for the defense of the State.
(3) to injunctions requiring striking laborers to return to work pending settlement of an industrial dispute. (4) to exceptional services, such as military and naval enlistment.
(5) to exercise by parents of their authority to require their children to perform reasonable amount of work.
(6) when there is a proper exercise of the police power in the State. end of first part