Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How Batteries Work
Transcript of How Batteries Work
One form of energy.
A change in the direction of the flow of electrons using another power source. The anode and cathode are restored to their original state and can again provide full power.
LT: I can analyze the parts of a battery
and identify how they work to make electricity.
What direction does electricity flow in a battery?
What is keeping the electrons from flowing in their natural direction?
What color in this model represents the circuit?
Other forms of Energy
Heat & Light
Flow of electrons through a conductive path like a wire.
Conductive path is called a circuit.
Name a form of energy.
What is an electron?
Batteries are chemical reactions that make electrical energy.
Beaker with Copper Sulfate Solution
Which metal is the cathode?
Which metal is the anode?
Which item is electrolyte?
What material is the circuit?
Wheat Lightbulb wire