Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Semantic Open data Method
Transcript of Semantic Open data Method
way of controlling
information model is static, users act on dynamic part: events
many vocabularies - single source of truth
rationale definitions, link to the law
foundation rules in rule engine information system
documentation national catalog key registers
is subtype of
is subtype of
is subtype of
is generated by
is changed by
is formalised by
has burden of
is benifited by
Semantics of legal and business policy execution
using Open data Method
going along this path with cattle
the sold part:
the part belonging
to the seller:
for the benefit of
legal situation after establishment
legal situation before establishment
is caused by
informatics - objects with attributes and methods/behavior according to rules
legal knowledge theory - semantic analysis legislation
meta data/meta model national catalog key registers/RSGB
semantic model legal world
Frame legal concepts
Frame legal events
Example legal concept
Example legal event
Frame information element
Create baseline set terms to define: select all terms in the UML model that define objects, attributes and relations
• select all terms in value lists that define juridically relevant concepts
• built basic semantic network / basic ontology of terms
o subtypes in the information model are translated to the ontological relation ‘is subtype of’
o values in value lists are translated to the ontological relation ‘is subtype of’ <the regarded concept>
o relations in the information model are translated to the ontological relation ‘is related to’.
o Attributes in the information model are translated to the ontological relation ‘is part of’ or ‘is property of’.
create baseline set of terms
Select juridical facts
Select juridical events (juridical facts) to complete the semantic network
• Select all terms that identify potential objects that have their own potential life cycle (look after terms as ‘type’, ‘sort of’, ‘kind of’).
• Group terms that are of the same type and have the same life cycle.
• Define juridical facts c.q. juridical events with their actors and agents.
Make concept frame for all terms
and juridical events/facts
1 Prepare frames
Define terms and events
validate (authorized jurist)
verify (knowledge engineer)
2 fill in frames
supplementary terms or events
3 finish and publish
• refine explanation (take in mind you have to explain the concept to your wive or your mother in law)
• relate juridical concepts to the information model and add meta data
o temporal aspects register (material history and formal history)