Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of KARTINI
Who is R.A Kartini ?
R.A Kartini is
one of the Indonesian Heroine
When was she born ?
BIOGRAPHY OF R.A KaRTINI
Raden Ajeng Kartini is also known as Raden Ayu Kartini
She was born in April 21, 1879 in Jepara, Central Java.
She came from a noble / aristocratic Javanese family. Her father named Raden Mas Sosroningrat was the mayor of Jepara.
Kartini was allowed to attend primary school until she was 12 years old. During her school time, she learnt to speak Dutch, which was an unusual accomplisment for Javanese women at the time.
Kartini and her family
Kartini and her sisters : Kardinah ( on the left) and Roekmini (on the right)
Kartini died at age 25, on 17 September 1904, a few days after she gave birth to her only son named Raden Mas Soesalit. She was buried in Bulu Village, Rembang.
In 1912, inspired by Kartini’s effort, the Deventer family established R.A. Kartini Foundation which built women school in Semarang.
In 1964, the First President of Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno declared that the birthday of Kartini – 21 April became an Indonesian national holiday.