Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hemophilia
Affection of Disorder
It affetcs 1 and 5000 male births. About 400 babies are born with hemophilia each year. Their are approxiamtely 17,000 people in the United States who have it.
Discover and Testing
It was first mentioned in the Babylonian Talmud in the 2nd century. Rabbi Judah Hanaski first recorded the. prolonged bleeding and its relationship with maternal inherited diseases. Testing for hemophilia are blood testing and genectic factoring.
How is it Inherited
It is inherited in an X linked recessive pattern. In males who only have one x chromosome one altered of the gene each cell is sufficient to cause the condition. In Females who have two x chromosome a mutation would occur in both copies of the gene to cause.
1. Excessive Bruising
2. Swollen Painful Joints
3. Swollen Tender Muscles
4. Excessive Bleeding From Gums
Treatments and Life
1. Recieving clotting factors
3. Treament for joint bleeding
Peope with Hemophilia life expectancy can vary depending on whether they get the treaments they need. Without treament many people can die before they reach childhood.
2. discovery.yukozimo.com/who-discovered-hemophilia/ 3. hospitals.unm.edu/outpt/timbp/incidence.shtml