Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How Do Automotive Mechanics' Use Math?
Transcript of How Do Automotive Mechanics' Use Math?
By: Alyssa Thrasher
How is math used in this job?
Auto Mechanics use math in all kinds of ways... such as:
Ratios, they use ratios when it comes to gears and weight.
Small units and measuring, they use this for cylinder boring... like when it comes to widening the cylinder to give more space for larger piston rings, tightening, etc.
What kind of education/ training does it take to obtain this job?
You usually need to have completed your 4-years of high school.
Most mechanics have taken 2 years of vocational school to specialize in maintenance and repair.
What kind of math do Automotive Mechanics use?
Auto mechanics use the basis of math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and geometry
Auto mechanics don't always do hard math.
Monday a lady brought her car in to get her oil checked. The dipstick read full. One week later she brought her car back in, I checked the oil again and it was a quart low. So how many ounces did she lose over a 7-day period per day?