Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of David Stabley
Relief- 3D form in which the surface projects from the background. David lives and works in Bloomsburg, PA. He and his wife have a studio space in their home. His wife, Deb Fleck-Stabley also works in ceramics. David started out in printmaking before working in ceramics. David carves the low relief images into the clay when it is leather hard. After the clay is fired he paints with a wax patina and various acrylic paints. Sgraffito- carving into wet clay. Create an abstract house using the slab method.
The sides of the house should include imagery that represents you, things that interest you, personal dreams, or things that are important to your family.
The sides will be carved in low relief using the sgraffito method when the clay is leather hard.
The houses, once assembled and fired, will be painted. Marc Chagall Grant Wood Pablo Picasso Patina- Artists and metalworkers often deliberately add patinas as a part of the original design and decoration of art and furniture, or to simulate antiquity in newly-made objects.