Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Abortion
Non-Surgical WHO HAS ABORTIONS? WHY WOMEN HAVE ABORTIONS Mifepristone or Misoprostol Mifepristone or Misoprostal RU-486 History of Abortion The Controversial Beginning
1. Abortion is a form of murder and demeans the value of human life.
2. Other birth control is readily available; thus, abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control.
3. The societal contributions of a potentially valuable human being are wiped out.
4. Women who have abortions often suffer major psychological damage from the experience along with, in some cases, the father of the child.
5. The advances of genetic testing may prompt more abortions (to avoid having the non-ideal child).
6. There are many couples who spend years on waiting lists trying to adopt a child.
7. The abortion decision is often made by minors or young adults, who don't have the maturity and life experiences to make good decisions.
8. People have the right not to see their tax dollars go to something they find immoral.
9. Abortion eliminates legal rights of the unborn child.
10. Abortion exposes women to various health risks and the danger of losing fertility.
11. Abortion is against doctors' Hippocratic Oath. Pro-Life
1. Laws controlling abortion violate privacy and personal liberty rights.
2. "Back alley" abortions would increase if it were made illegal, leading to increased risk of young women dying or becoming sterile.
3. It's arguably better for society to have babies aborted than have them be brought up poor and neglected, where not only will the child suffer but society when that child develops a higher attraction to crime, welfare, etc.
4. One brief mistake can take away a woman's childhood and trap her for life.
5. Giving up a child for adoption can be just as emotionally damaging as having an abortion.
6. Abortion is not murder because it is performed before a fetus has developed into a human person.
7. The APA hasn't found a link between abortion and mental health problems. Pro-Choice Our Opinion WHAT WE WILL TALK ABOUT WHAT IS ABORTION
METHODS OF ABORTION
WHO HAS ABORTIONS
WHY WOMEN HAVE ABORTIONS
HISTORY OF ABORTION
BOTH SIDES OF ABORTION
OUR OPINION References
Guttmacher Institute, State Facts about Abortion: New York, 2011
James, Frank, House GOP Pushes to End Health Insurance Abortion Coverage, NPR, Jan 21, 2011
Shute, Nancy, Abortions Not linked to Mental Haelth Issues, NPR, January 27, 2011
Finer LB and Henshaw SK, Disparities in Rates of Unintended Pregnancy in the US, 1994 and 2001
Doctor loses license in live birth abortion case
Pierre Jean-Jacques Renelique Abortion Taking a look at both social movements Prices