Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Bakke vs. University of California, Davis
Transcript of Bakke vs. University of California, Davis
Special admissions for "minority" groups
no disadvantaged whites were admitted into special program
1973-1974 Bakke's applications are sent in
October 8, 1977 Case is argued
June 28, 1978 Court case ruling
The Court Case
Who: Allan Bakke vs. UCD School of Medicine
What: Filed lawsuit against UCD
When: October 12, 1977
Where: Yolo County, California
Why: Racial Discrimination
protects people's right to equal protection under the law
no quota system for race
"Regents of the University of California v. Bakke." Regents Of The University Of California V Bakke. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
"Landmark Cases of the U.S. Supreme Court." Background Summary & Questions (•••). N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
"SILSASupremeCourtCasesBDay - *Regents of the U. of California v. Bakke."SILSASupremeCourtCasesBDay - *Regents of the U. of California v. Bakke. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2013.
PBS. PBS, n.d. Web. 17 Dec. 2013.