Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hydrogen
What is Hydrogen?
Who discovered it?
It was discovered by Henry Cavendish in 1766
In 1783 it was given its name by Lavoisier
Hydro means water and genes means creater!
-filling weather balloons
-(when combined with oxygen)water
-(when combined with helium) heat.
At room temperature it is a gas
-combustible fom 4-74%
-argon gas mixture
-when hydrogen bonds with florine oxygen or nitrogen it is called hydrogen bonding
-(hydrogen bonding is very important to many biological
Where is it on the periodic table?
Periodic table place:
-1st element because it is the most basic and simple.
-Very common because 90% of all atoms are hydrogen.
-Hydrogen has not got a family
P's,N's,E's and shells
-ONLY ELEMENT WITH NO NEUTRONS!!!!
Hydrogen atom: Atomic Number: 1
-hydrogen is very reactive with oxygen and halogens
-You can't survive without it!!!
Hydrogen gas is a molecule but is not a compound because it is only made from one element.Water can be called a molecule or a compound...
Who discovered hydrogen?
Which group is it on the periodic table?
Hydrogen Water Atom: