Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Peers
How do peers provide a context for development?
Why are peers so important?
How do peers directly influence development?
How does peer culture interact with issues of race?
How does peer culture interact with technology?
Do adolescents respond to peers more than parents or teachers?
Involvement in adult institutions
Involvement in peer culture
Adolescents tend to respond to those they consider to be the experts on the topic at hand
When asking how much influence to parents or teachers have over a teenager, what are some factors to consider?
Cliques & Crowds
Brain development is the foundation for cognitive development.
- better executive function
- better impulse control and planning
- able to consider possibilities and reason abstractly
- hormones trigger muscle development and growth
- brain development
- sexual development