Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Samurai Project
Name and Place of residence:
Anika McNulty, in Japan
Position Desired: Samurai
Previous Experience: Jujutsu instructor
Martial Arts: Karate, Jujutsu
Weaponry Skills: Skilled with swords ( katana)
Education: Karate school
Awards and honors: Award of being the most honorable fighter
Special Interests: Loves nature, writing haikus and practising fighting skills
Career Objectives: To protect the people of this village, to serve with great honor and to respect you and the people with most respect possible.
To whom this may concern, I Anika McNulty am applying for
the position of the Samurai. I would be the ideal person for this position because I have great experience with martial arts such as Karate, Judo, Jujitsu and Kung Fu. I understand that to have the position of the Samurai means there is a great responsibility to the emperor and to the people of this village. This position comes with great bravery and extreme courage and dedication, along with the dedication to follow the seven principles of the Samurai. I am ready to take on this responsibility, I am ready to put up to any task you ask and I am ready to dedicate my life for the protection of this village.
B: Design a suit of armour for the samurai that provided even greater protection.
1) Question One: Samurai wielded power and status for several centuries. Explain why such powerful people have ceased to exist.
Answer: They had a great amount of loyalty towards their Diamyo and the people they were protecting.
2) Question Two: What role did geography and economics have in the Samurai's rise to power
Answer: The mountain regions protected there village and lands by having mountain barriers
3) Question: Explain the contrast between the Samurai military skill and his/her need for religion and/or culture.
Answer: Samurai showed great interest in there religion and there military and fighting skills. Samurai were loyal to both aspects of there daily culture. They were loyal to stay true to there religion and to keep there loyalty to there Samurai training and fighting.
4) Question: What would have been necessary for the Samurai to remain a powerful force in Japan.
Answer: Being able to prove that they were keeping there promise and that they would keep there promise on being loyal, showing loyalty towards there Daimyo and the show there protection and there bravery.
5) Question: Were the Samurai more beneficial or harmful to Japan? Explain in detail.
Answer: The Samurai were very beneficial to Japan. The Samurai were the main reason the community of japan stayed together. The great amount of loyalty they showed to there lords and there huge commitment to keeping the people of there village held everyone together because there was a great deal of trust throughout the community.
Seven Principles of the Samurai:
Gi - Rectitude
Yu - Courage
Jin - Benevolence
Rei - Respect
Makato - Honesty
Meiyo - Honor
Chugi - Loyalty
1) Rei - Respect
2) Chugi - Loyalty
3) Yu - Courage
4) Meiyo - Honor
5) Makato - Honesty
6) Jin - Benevolence
7) Gi - Rectitude
Rectitude: the quality of being right in judgment.
Benevolence: Desire to do good.
Their iron swords rose with the sun,
men fell with the moon,
Samurai were in great defeat.
These principles are used in our life everyday, but today these rules are just a common courtesy, or just a way of being polite and respectful.