Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How did George Washington Carver change the world.
Transcript of How did George Washington Carver change the world.
What are some of his inventions?
Carver was believed to have discovered three hundred uses for peanuts and hundreds more for soybeans, pecans and sweet potatoes.
Some of his most popular inventions would be peanut butter, his healing oils that cured Tuberculosis, and lemon drops.
Some of his awards and honors.
1923, Spingarn Medal from the NAACP,
1939, the Roosevelt Medal for Outstanding Contribution to Southern Agriculture
A Foundation was founded in his honor.
While he was alive he met 3 presidents
Who is George Carver?
George Carver was an African American man born in Missouri, 1864
He was a agricultural expert and helped many farmers with there struggles
He was also an inventor of products that are still used today
How he helped farmers.
Farmers would plant cotton over and over again until the soil became depleted of nutrients, and ruin the crops.
He found solutions to restore nutrients to the soil by rotating crops, and use peanuts and soybeans.