Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Corvette 2014
- Chevrolet has produced 6 different generations of the Corvette and is working on the 7th with the introduction of the 2014 Stingray.
- Despite Chevrolet’s recent problems and Corvettes falling popularity it is still known as one of the most iconic American automobiles of all time. Joey Baum, Alyssa Bickoff, Rachel Romm, Sarah Sichel CORVETTE 2014 Problem: Customers History Porsche Boxster and Cayman Models
Mercedes Benz SLK AMG Model
BMW- M3 Competition Collaborators Baby boomers (The Loyalists)
-Corvette has become known as an old man's toy Falling sales and an inability to compete with European rivals due to numerous reasons.
The financial crisis took a heavy toll on GM with Corvette barley coming out of the new GM intact.
Furthermore, U.S designers were light years behind their European counterparts when it came to stylistic issues on mid-high end sports cars.
The 2014 Stingray puts the Corvette name on the line. - The Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car produced by General Motors.
- Originally came out in 1953 to challenge the dominance of European sports cars in the U.S market
- Succeeded at taking significant market share from Ferrari and others as it became an iconic symbol of American Culture
- If you had a Corvette in the 1950’s, 1960’s and even 1970’s, it was a symbol that you had ‘Made It’ in America Product Price ranges from $56,000 - $72,000
Chevrolet has formed the shapely new hood as well as the removable roof panel from carbon fiber - made of the same material as the Ferrari
Will run from 0-60 in less than four seconds and will achieve 26 MPG on the highway.
The Corvette is the best sports car for the price
This is the 60th Anniversary Corvette that has been in the making for 9 years Introduction The Problem
Conclusion Dealers need to be trained and encouraged to push sale of the Corvette Teamed up with Sony to have the Corvette featured in the newest version of the racing game Grand Turismo Yuppies/Gen X
- The Stingray tries to appeal to younger
customers (30's-40's) who can re-establish
the Corvette to its former grandeur The Quantitative Approach Sales per Year Quantitative Approach Marketing Strategies Recommendations Conclusion The goal is to be BOLD!
Car only advertisements -no faces featured
Need to promote to younger generation, but can also benefit from the old timers Promotions The car debut at the North American International Auto Show in the Detroit. -YouTube ads
-Reach out to trendy cities like LA and Miami to attract buyers in their 20s and 30s making $150,000 annually, while still appealing to loyalists. “I want this image on every kid’s wall”
-GM design chief Ed Welburn The 2014 Stingray needs to expand its reach from being just an old mans toy to a car that turns the heads of the new generations. The success of the Sting Ray has the power to reinvigorate the Corvette name for years to come