Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Action Research - One Less
Transcript of Action Research - One Less
* Insufficient organizational capacity
* Challenge of keeping student liaisons involved past their graduation from MIIS
* Roles of student liaisons are not clearly defined Alethia Jimenez- Director
Jan Black- Board Member and MIIS Faculty Member
Johanna Lounsbury- MIIS/One Less Student Liaison
Zia MacWilliams- MIIS/One Less Student Liaison
Adriana Taboada- One Less Volunteer Coordinator
Maureen Fura- Funder- Richard Fura Fellowship Interviewees CATWOE We used the CATWOE tool to better understand the organization's environment and the area of concern we decided to focus on. Sample Interview Questions What is your involvement with One Less?
What is your vision for One Less?
How can the student liaison program
How can One Less encourage involvement
of student liaisons past their graduations? by Adriana Taboada, Elizabeth Carlson-Bast, Johanna Lounsbury and Tahmina Karimova C: One Less- Una Menos A: Student liaisons and volunteers T: Develop a set of actions focusing on the organizational capacity that will help recruit and retain student liaisons and volunteers W: It is important to maintain a link between different neworks interested in eliminating human trafficking to educate the public on human trafficking issues and leverage the passion of volunteers in order to sustain the efforts of One Less. O: Alethia Jimenez and student liaisons E: Lack of funding, volunteer abilities and commitment Methodology Continued... Rich Picture Process ` One Less Ecosystem MIIS Community (faculty and students)
South Bay Coalition to End Human Trafficking Rich Picture of A Questions? • Inadequate organizational structure
• Unclear roles and limited communication
• Limited incentives for volunteers and graduates
• Lack of clarity of One Less identity at MIIS
• Inadequate outreach and recruitment
• Limited local presence Recommendations Set regular meeting times
Provide TORs with due dates
Incorporate the work of One Less into the curriculum of a class
Organize more local and community events in the area
Create a Coalition to End Human Trafficking in the area
Leadership of STOP and One Less should be separate
Grant fellowships to the leadership team