Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of THE OARFISH
Let's just say that the oarfishs main diet of small fish and invertebrates has run low, to survive the oarfish would have to move into a lighter section of the ocean and have its eyes adapt to the light. It would also have to adapt to its new menu by getting small, sharp teeth on that highly protuding jaw it has!
The Oarfish environment
The Oarfish can be found lurking in the twilight zone of any temperate to tropical oceans
The Oarfishs adaptations
The Oarfish is a Lampriforme that has a long, tapering, scaleless body that they use to 'row' through the ocean.
The Oarfishs final and weird adaptation
Unlike most of the other fish in the sea, the Oarfish does not, which is very strange, have an anal fin or a gas bladder!
Like I said, very weird.
The oarfish has a highly protrusible jaw that has no visible teeth that it uses to eat small fish and invertebrates.
It has a long, red dorsal fin that stretches across its entire body, and has a stringy crest atop its head that is a red color along with its dorsal fin.