Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Distance Education Classroom Management
Transcript of Distance Education Classroom Management
Instructor Danene Mims
Opportunities for controversy
1. Misinterpretation of Text based learning
3. Learning within a asynchronous learning
Strategies for addressing controversy
1. Look for signs of conflict and unease within
the discussion board among students.
2. Encourage critical thinking from learners that are more fact based rather than feeling.
3. Instructors should provide a supportive and
enriching learning environment.
4. Diffuse interpersonal conflict quickly
Factors that Can affect self- efficacy
3. Social Persuasion
Minimizing their effect
1. Learners introducing themselves
within the discussion boards aids
2. Provide an outlet for students to
post positive comments and offer feedback
on the course.
3. Engage students in discussions for a
sense of community. Grading expectations
will aid in promotion of this.
4. Aid in decreasing a students anxiety about the
course. Building a professional rapport can be
Vilkas, B., & McCabe, C. (2014, May ). Promoting Students’ Self-Efficacy in the Online Classroom. Faculty Focus.
Kelly, R. (2013, March ). Managing Controversy in the Online Classroom. Faculty Focus.