Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Art of Twerking
Transcript of The Art of Twerking
The term "twerk" comes from joining the words "TWist" and "jERK" together. Where did style of dancing come from? Twerking originates from the African form of booty shaking called "Mapouka"
It originated in the southeast region of Cote d'Ivoire
This dance is done at religious cerimonies, celebrations, and festivals
"Mapouka is regarded as a ceremonial booty dance" What is happening now? Mapouka has now become less about tradition and more about sexual entertainment.
It has been accepted by the western world under the name of twerking.
Many people view this dance as vulgar, but it is an art form which came about through traditional African roots Though twerking may seem vulgar and "RATCHET", it truly came out of innocence. It was just a way for a culture to celebrate. It is a mind-blowing art form that requires a lot of skill and muscle control.