Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Introduction to Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"
Transcript of Introduction to Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"
"The Lottery" is a short story that
was written by Shirley Jackson and
was published in 1948 in The New Yorker.
Jackson received less than praise for the story.
First, let us have our lottery. We will find out
who our winner is toward the end of the class.
Here is the link to the short story:
Questions to think about
When was the story written?
What is the setting of the story?
Who are the characters?
Is there a message in the story?
What connections can we make to
this story to help us analyze it?
Historical, political, cultural contexts?
So, now let us find out who our winner of lour lottery is...