Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
40 Book Challenge!
Transcript of 40 Book Challenge!
What is it?
The 40 Book Challenge is a year long Independent reading competition.
You have 2 goals:
1. To read 10 books per quarter
2. To read 40 books by the end of the year
What books do I read?
The 40 Book Challenge is choice based, this means that you choose the books you read.
In order to complete the challenge you must complete all the genre requirements on the log pages.
For example: you must read 2 graphic novels, but you get to choose what graphic novels you read!
- 40 Book Challenge Section of your notebook.
-Log pages to keep track of books read
- "Books I want to read next" list.
Keep track of books suggested to you by teachers and peers!
Where can I get books?
- From home
-From the Wake County Public Library
-AMS Media Center
- We will go every 3 weeks
- You can go in the morning or at lunch
- My classroom library
Most commonly asked questions
- Can I read a book to my baby sister and count it?
- Can I read a poetry book that is short, but still on my reading level?
-Can I read a book that has pictures and count it?
-Can I read a book twice and count it twice?
-Can I count all the books I read last year?
-Can I bring my e-reader in for reading time?
YES, but it your responsibility to keep track of it.
- In order for a book to count, you must write the title and author on your log pages and conference with me. I will sign my initials to show the book has been counted.
- I will only sign off on books during reading time.
- There is no minimum number of pages a book must be to count
-If a book is more than 250 pages it will count as 2 books.
Does it count for a grade?
Yes and No.
You do not get a grade for how many books you read, but you will get a grade for assignments based on the books you are reading. It is important that you always have a book to read and that you complete your journal responses!