Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
During-Reading Comprehension Activities
Transcript of During-Reading Comprehension Activities
Lee Kheng Soon
Gao Ting Ting GROUP 1 1. Discuss author's background
2. Ask about title and subheadings
3. Ask students to predict first segment of material
4. Read preselected text aloud
5. Teacher asks questions regarding text and discusses tough concepts and difficult vocabulary
6. Students are to predict next segment
7. Steps 3-6 are repeated until text is completed A stop-and-start technique to help students deal with difficult text by breaking material into chunks. Text is divided, read aloud and discussed through constructive questions whereby students will make predictions on material using prior knowledge and/or data collected. Video How To on DR-TA IRECT EADING HINKING CTIVITY - scan title and subheadings
- directs discussions to make predictions -preselected text until stopping point
-evaluate predictions - teacher asks questions to
modify predictions - Use other activites like Selective Reading and Text Pattern Guide Enchances active and thoughful reading
Helps students tap into prior knowledge
Encourages understanding and comprehension
Strengthens reading and critical thinking
Encourages student participation
Fosters analytical skills (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Sample the text Make predictions Sample, discuss,
predictions Engage Actively in a 3 Step Cycle