Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Emergency lighting
The majority of systems installed in the United Kingdom are of the self-contained type, but both options have their own advantages and disadvantages. BS5266 Pt 7/EN1838 - 4.3 recommends the provision of horizontal illumination of a defined escape route (permanently unobstructed) not less than .2 lux and .5 lux minimum for open areas excludeding a 0.5 metre border around the room.
For escape routes of up to 2m wide, 50% of the route width should be lit to a minimum of 1 lux.
How much light does one need in a panic? The actual degree of illumination should be closely related to the nature of both the premises and its occupants with special consideration being given to old person’s homes, hospitals, crowded areas such as pubs, discos and supermarkets, and to whether or not the premises are residential. wHERE?!
each exit door
intersections of corridors
outside each final exit and on external escape routes
emergency escape signs
stairways so that each flight receives adequate light
changes in floor level
windowless rooms and toilet accommodation exceeding 8m2
fire alarm call points
equipment that would need to be shut down in an emergency
lifts and areas in premises greater than 60m2.
It is not necessary to provide individual lights (luminaire) for each item above, but there should be a sufficient overall level of light to allow them to be visible and usable.
Lumino & emergency lighting When asked to provide fittings converted for emergency use;
- Try and avoid having to supply them ready converted where possible.
- When supplying converted Prolicht fittings request and compare prices to Lightplans, they can be competitive and it reduces a lot of hassel for us.
- Protect yourself from cowboys; Make all tech info available and detial the quotes with full descriptions of what you intend to supply. Cover yourself..