Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Boulder Knights Youth Baseball
Transcript of Boulder Knights Youth Baseball
Baseball Arm Injuries
Common Injuries: What are they?
TOO MUCH THROWING!
> 100 innings per year
Pitch count recommendations
Adequate rest following pitching
No throwing with arm fatigue
Cautious pitcher transition to other positions
Correction of muscle imbalances
Flexibility following pitching
what puts kids at risk?
Elbow or shoulder pain during or following throwing
Elbow or shoulder pain with day to day activities
Loss of velocity
Loss of accuracy
what are you looking for?
Little league shoulder and elbow
External rotation (rotator cuff)
Shoulder blade plank (serratus anterior)
Prone T on exercise ball (middle and lower trap)
Shoulder stretching - especially for pitchers
Initial exercise program
3 sets of each exercise
Kristin Carpenter, PT, DPT, OCS
Waldron's Peak Physical Therapy
more questions? please contact me!
exercise handouts will be available through matt