Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Exoskeleton - 3-week course
Transcript of Exoskeleton - 3-week course
- Being controlled
- Comfortable and trustworthy
- Don't demand unnecessary thoughts
Applied to humans
Proposing an idea
- Doesn't need to be strong
- Doesn't need high precision
- Doesn't need speed
- Doesn't need extreme positions
- Doesn't need wide range of motion
- Needs comfort
- Needs to be affordable
- Needs to be handy
- Needs to maintain mobility
Balloons wanna be straight
Deflated balloons are soft and flexible
When inflated they stretch out
Using rubber tubing inside a net-tube with rigid max-diameter, inflating the rubber tube will push for maximum volume, which is straight.
Make a spandex shirt with tubes sewn in pointing in different directions.
- Flexible when unused
- Cheap to produce
- Few complex parts
Control - Electronic
- What is known already
- What is the feedback on current systems
- What are their strengths and limitations
- Which compromises have been made
Case at hand
- Speak with patient
- Speak with physician
- Make issue tangible
- Make solution tangible
Exoskeleton, Case 1: Kathleen
- Torn Rotator Cuff, cannot raise her arm by her self.
- 90 years old and her physician has given up on surgery.
DTU fagproject and 3-week course
Define the basis
What can we do
- What can be improved
- Do we follow or lead
- What is ideal
- What is probable
- List features
Think and be open to everything!
Intuitive and joyful to use!
- EMG impulses
- EEG systems
- Capacitive sensor
- Redundant signals
- Combinatoric system
- Complex input - complex output
I don't know what I'm talking about here
Soft Robotics: Inflatable tubes
- Not strong enough
-Hydraulic closed system
-Pressure source: Actuated pistons, discreet or combined
A detached thought
Ground coffeebeans under vacuum
- Get's rigid under vacuum
- Softens up when air is provided again
Used for temporary support mechanism.
- Construct hollow elbow support binding
- Add layer of ground coffee inside.
- Control by electrodes, initiate on triceps && biceps
--> Temporary support
by: Jakob Welner, s124305