Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of POVERTY PSA
According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.
More than 9 million children under age 5 die each year. Two-thirds of these deaths — more than 6 million every year — are preventable.
Almost two in three people lacking access to clean water survive on less than $2 a day, with one in three living on less than $1 a day.
The average number of years of formal education for a child in Mozambique is 3 years versus for a child in Canada that is 13 to 16 years Absolute poverty or destitution refers to the deprivation of basic human needs, which commonly includes food, water, sanitation, clothing, shelter, health care and education "We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty."
- Mother Teresea You can sponsor a child for around $30 a month and that would provide, food, education, and clean drinking water with organizations like Unicef, World Vison, or Canadian Feed the Children. THANKS FOR WATCHING!!!!