Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Military Robots
Josh & Chris
edinformatics.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Sept. 2012. <http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/robotics/military_robots.htm>.
howstuffworks.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Sept. 2012. <http://science.howstuffworks.com/military-robot.htm>.
popsci.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Sept. 2012. <http://www.popsci.com/category/tags/military-robots>.
wiki.answers.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 5 Sept. 2012. <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_military_robots_have_sensors>. 1.) What task does the robot perform? What human function or task does the robot simulate? • Because being a soldier is so dangerous, military robots are there to fill in their work.
• These robots can walk through minefields, deactivate bombs, and even clear out hostile buildings instead of soldiers. 2.) Where is the robot used? What is its work envelope?
•Military robots work envelope is unlimited. They are able to move all around.
•Robots in the military are used on the battlefield.
3.) Is the robotic end effector multi-functional? If so, what other tasks can it perform? •Most military robots are multifunctional.
For example, the Foster-Miller TALON is a tank that can move around and sense objects to shoot.
In addition, the Predator Drone can fly unmanned, shoot missiles, and take surveillance photographs without a pilot.
4.) How is the robot taught to perform its task? •Sensors send feedback to the human steering the robot.
•However, if the robot is on automatic drive it will run on a software program.
5.) What sensors does the robot have and how does it use these sensors? •Yes, of course. Military robots need to check status, such as human targets.
•Without the sensors military robots couldn’t search or move in a difficult area.