Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Using Visual Aids in Speeches
Transcript of Using Visual Aids in Speeches
2) Clarity: Your audience can SEE what you are talking about.
3) Retention: Visual images often stay with people longer than verbal messages.
Visual Aids Provide Several Advantages
Types of Visual Aids
Keep them simple.
Information at a glance.
Use large and clear font.
Use Quality pictures, video, and audio.
Check the technology before you use it.
Avoid passing the aids around.
Talk to the audience not the visual aid.
Explain what they are looking at (picture/video).
Tips for ALL Visual Aids
Use a variety of different media
Prezis & Power-points
should use a variety of pictures, videos and audio clips.
During your speech...
Visual aid "Dos & Don'ts"
Maintain eye contact with the audience (Do NOT read from your visual aid).
Explain pictures/videos/audio clips.
Give audience time to view each slide/frame/picture (Do NOT rush through your speech, but do NOT pause a long time).