Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Blackout Poetry
LET'S DO A PRACTICE ONE!
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
It's more than scribbling!
So what's the actual process?
Blackout Poetry in Action:
Newspaper or Article Blackout:
With a marker or pen (or pencil!) square off the words/letters you want to use from the article to construct the body of your poem
You have to read the newspaper in a new way to make sure your sentences flow, are grammatically correct and poetic (has a deep meaning!)
Make sure it makes sense grammatically! It doesn't need to rhyme, but it should have a poetic message similar to the examples we looked at.
Once you have squared off the words you want to keep, just black out or scribble out the rest of the article!
Remember to edit your poem before blacking everything out!
Voila! You are done.