Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
By : Justin Griffin
Transcript of By : Justin Griffin
Truck drivers transport goods from one location to another
They drive long distances
They keep their truck clean and in good condition
This career is Transportation
To be a truck driver to qualify to be 21 years old
Ability to obtain United States Passport
No reckless driving convictions in the last three years.
State Certified Copy of Birth Certificate.
Truck Drivers Characteristics
HONESTY: Great truck drivers don’t try to get away cheaply but rather give true value for the money that employers and customers spend with them. They don’t fudge on aspects of laws and regulations, either.
Work hours and Condition and Salary 1
A long-distance driver cannot work more than 60 hours in any 7-day period. Federal regulations also require that truckers rest 10 hours for every 11 hours of driving. Many drivers, particularly on long runs, work close to the maximum time permitted because they typically are compensated according to the number of miles or hours they drive.
1. The pay is fairly good 2. independence in your job 3. physical job - hands on 4. freedom of the open road
1. Can be long hours 2. Sleeping in a truck 3. Driving long distances can give you backaches 4. You are rarely home if you drive regional or OTR
A related Job is a Bus Driver
Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). May be required to unload truck. Requires commercial drivers' license.
Starting out in the trucking industry can be frustrating for rookies. What most new truck drivers do not understand is that experience is where the money is. Just like with any other job, entry level positions do pay considerably less.
Work hours and Condition and Salary 2
Follow all traffic laws
Working as a long haul truck driver is a major lifestyle choice
The third and last goal you need to make is to provide effective communication. Communicating effectively with your dispatcher and customers is crucial.
The median annual wage for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers was $38,200 in May 2012. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than the amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $25,110, and the top 10 percent earned more than $58,910.