Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fly-by-wire Presentation
Fly-by-wire control systems allow aircraft computers to perform tasks without pilot input.
Gyroscopes detect movement changes, computer automatically stablises aircraft. Weight Reduction
Fly-by-wire aircraft are generally lighter than similarly designed aircraft with conventional controls.
Less space needed for mechanical control features. Safety & Redundancy
Fly-by-wire systems may be quadruplexed (four independent channels) to prevent loss of signals in case of failure to any of the channels.
Any failure in the computer systems is communicated to crew during pre-flight safety checks. Controlled flight
Fly-by-wire systems offer a more controlled level of flight. Most of the control systems are automated, removing human error.
In case of failure to the automatic system, most fly-by-wire aircraft have manual controls aswell, allowing the pilot to take control.