Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Isaac Newton's Laws of Motion
Transcript of Isaac Newton's Laws of Motion
Law of Gravity
The Law of Universal Gravitation states that every object in the universe with mass attracts every other object with mass!
First Law of Motion
Unless acted upon by outside forces, objects in motion will never stop; objects at rest will never move!
This is sometimes called Inertia
2nd Law of Motion
Momentum is an indication of how hard it would be to stop an object.
Inertia is the tendency of an object to resist a change in motion, whether it is moving or at rest.
3rd Law of Motion
For every action, there's an equal but opposite reaction.
Who is Isaac Newton?
December 25, 1642
March 20, 1727
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
Nature and nature's laws lay hid in night;
God said "Let Newton be" and all was light. - Alexander Pope
The gunpowder exploding in the chamber of the gun is the action force. The gun recoils. You feel it push back as the shell is pushed forward. This is the reaction force.