Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Poetic Devices
The pictures or images that form in your head when you read a story or poem.
A simple reference to a person
place or event. The reference can be
real or fictional.
The repitition of similar sounding words
in a sentence or line of a poem
The formation of words that sound
like what they mean.
An object or action that stands for
something beyond itself
Unrhymed iambic pentameter.
Each line has ten syllables, and no line rhyme
Lines have no prescribed pattern
Traditionally a love poem
contains 14 lines
written in iambic pentameter (10 syllable lines)
last two lines have a
a four line stanza in a poem
Unrhymed lines in iambic pentameter
(each line has 10 syllables)