Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Defining Gender
2) Reflect on Wood's discussion of the ways societal structures and practices reinforce views of gender. Then, describe a first-hand experience during which an expression of gender was reinforced, encouraged or discouraged by you or others. Activity 2: 1) Finish reading chapter 1 of Gendered Lives.
2) On a half sheet of paper or an "Admit Slip," which will be due at the beginning of class on Friday, write a response to ONLY ONE of the following:
Develop three review questions that you think would help us study for the test in a couple of weeks.
Follow the thread of our discussion during the write-a-round by focusing on a particular point of interest to you.
Respond to one of the "Reflection and Discussion" questions on page 38 of Chapter 1. Homework: What traits have you, as resprentatives of society, assigned to the sexes? Write-a-Round: Rules:
1) Don't stop writing until I say, "stop!"
2) Don't write anything you don't want others to read.
3) Don't talk while you pass your paper (always in the same direction). On women . . .
77 % of you associate them with fashion.
59% of you equate them with manners and politeness.
On men . . .
63% of you believe they're risk-takers when they drive.
72% of you think a man won't ask for help as often. Writing about Personal Experience:
In the case of this paragraph or two, I'll be the only one who reads it unless you choose to share it with the class.