Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Standard Deviation as a Ruler & the Normal Model - AP Stats - Ch 6 Part 1
Transcript of Standard Deviation as a Ruler & the Normal Model - AP Stats - Ch 6 Part 1
Standard Deviation as a Ruler
& The Normal Model
Wookies vs Ewoks
What are z-scores?
Shifting & Rescaling
What is "unusual"?
What is Normal?
The Empirical Rule
Using the Empirical Rule
Calucator Part 1
Calucator Part 2
This dog looks just like a wookie.
See you in Stats class . . .
Always check to see if you data is unimodal and symmetric (bell-shaped).
Check this by making a histogram or a probability plot.
Never use the Normal model without checking that the data satisfies the Nearly Normal Condition.