Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Green Dots Workshop for Committee
Transcript of Green Dots Workshop for Committee
1) are potentially high risk
2) could be pre-cursors to high risk ✔ Listen as a bystander ✔ Connect to recipient or offender or both STRANGERS physical, sexual, or psychological harm, or threat of harm, by a current or former partner. Any sexual contact that lacks consent and/or capacity to give consent. Bystander Dynamics Check Your
Understanding Bystander Workshop Power-Based Personal Violence 1. Take a second look
2. Check in
3. What if it were someone I loved? Higher levels of gratuitous violence
More likely to use a weapon
Bystander safety is paramount course of conduct targeted at an individual or group that would cause a reasonable person to feel afraid (following, facebooking, texting, calling, unwanted letters, gifts, etc.) Target Selection
younger, drunk, easily controlled
Approach and Evaluation
builds trust, "nice guy," fills drink, tests
questions, isolates from friends, guilt
Consenting or Pressured Sex
aggressive, guilt, manipulative Intimidation
increased aggression, force, no longer "nice guy"
ensure no consequences, "nice guy," blame, threaten Termination
Alcohol...offenders best friend
Ability to resist is reduced
Less likely to report
Moves blame from offender
to victim Bystander Dynamics
Personal I'm an introvert
I can't stand conflict
I hate calling attention to myself
It's not my concern
I don't want to get involved Diffusion of Responsibility
Cause of Misfortune
Helping Model Direct
Skills Thank you for being here today!
www.vanderbilt.edu/greendots Reflecting on
Red Dots What red dots have you observed at Vanderbilt?
Who were the potential bystanders?
What green dots have you observed at Vanderbilt?
Discuss other green dots that people could do in these situations. tful Diffusion of Responsibility