Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Student-Centered Coaching with Diane Sweeney
Transcript of Student-Centered Coaching with Diane Sweeney
The Big Idea
It's about making coaching more about student learning, and less about fixing teachers.
Students are here
Students need to be here
Coaching Lives Here
Core Practices for Student-Centered Coaching
set a goal for student learning that is based on the standards
analyze student work to determine where students are as learners
plan and co-teach using effective teaching practices
schedule coaching based on 4-6 week-long coaching cycles
document student and teacher learning across a coaching cycle
work in partnership with the school leader
Analyzing Student Work
Talk to me...
with Diane Sweeney
Collecting Student Evidence
Comparing Coaching Models
Once the teacher is enrolled…
1. Set a goal for student learning
2. Pre assess students
3. Analyze student work/plan/teach
4. Post assess students
4-6 weeks of ongoing work with individuals or teams
1-2 times per week in the classroom during instructional time
1 weekly meeting to analyze student work and plan instruction (approx. 45 minutes)