Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fostering Authentic Writing through Digital Feedback
Transcript of Fostering Authentic Writing through Digital Feedback
Scale of Concerns
problems with thesis, structure, analysis, etc.
problems with sentences and formatting
Providing Effective Digital Feedback
Read through the entire piece before inserting comments.
Focus comments on patterns of representative strengths and weaknesses.
Use a respectful tone, and search for what is right and effective.
Ask questions and respond as a reader, not an evaluator.
Personalize final comments using two positives and one suggestion.
Personal Peer Editing
The Harvard Writing Project Suggests
Try to understand and appreciate what the student was attempting to do.
Stay in touch with what is good about any particular piece of writing.
Limit the number of critical points to three or four.
Alternate Forms of Digital Feedback
Reflective Learning Blogs
What do you notice when you give students feedback on their writing?
What students notice
and a digital promising practice.
What do you hope students will do with their feedback?