Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of COMPARING QUANTITIES-
unitary method is the method of carrying out calculation for finding the value of required number of units by first finding the value of one unit.
Suppose, a car travels 90 miles in 3 hours. Calculate the speed of the car
Calculating the speed of the car means we have to find the average distance covered by the car in 1 hour.
Distance traveled by the car in 3 hours = 90 miles.
Distance traveled by the car in 1 hour = 90/3 miles.
Distance traveled y the car in 1 hour = 30 miles.
Therefore, speed of the car is 30 miles/hour.
Unitary method has several uses in our daily life like when we talk about speed, rate or percentage, we invariably relate to unitary method.