Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of MATERIALS DESIGN ( Hutchinson & Waters, 1987)
Transcript of Copy of MATERIALS DESIGN ( Hutchinson & Waters, 1987)
Materials writing is one of the the most characteritic features of ESP in practice. There are some reasons for this:
Improve existing materials
Inability to purchase the exixting materials.
The Materials Design is a reality in teachers' lives that is why some techniques should be observed for the useful and creative materials production.
Models of materials design
Course Design and curriculum
The production of educational material should be guided by certain principles:
Teaching materials should encourage students to learn:]
- Interesting Texts;
- Dynamic activities that encourage learners to expand their knowledge;
- Activities that offer the learner the opportunity to use their knowledge and prior skills.
Materials help teachers organize the teaching / learning process.
Educational materials influence and reflect on what students and teachers think and feel about the process of teaching and learning.
Educational materials offer appropriate models about the use of language.
A materials design model
Considering the outstanding principles, a model used for the production of teaching materials will be presented . This model consists of four elements:
* It can be a text, a dialogue, videos or any other information, considering the needs of learners defined by analysis.
* The input will result in:
- Materials to perform activities;
- Models on the use of language;
- Presentation of topics for communication;
- Opportunity for students to use their prior knowledge;
The language does not have an end in itself, feelings and other information are also necessary for learning.
The aim is to make the student able to use the language in focus, but communicative activities that are beyond the students' domain knowledge should not be presented to them.
Students should have the opportunity to take the language to pieces, to study how it works and practice putting the language back together again.
The goal is to use the target language.
Materials should aim communicative situations in which the learner must use language and knowledge as a unit.
By using this model, the primary goal is to practice the acquired knowledge.
The model acts as a means for the student to be able to develop the step that is considered as a task.
This model can be modified and improved as required.
The curriculum and teaching materials
The teaching material should be consistent with the selected curriculum for the course. The two must work as a unit.
The text presented models of how to organize learning materials focused on learning-centered approach.
You can use existing materials, but the teacher must make sure that this is the best solution.
A better alternative is to write material using existing materials as a source of research, prepare the material in group and try to develop dynamic materials that arouse the learners' attention.