Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Outsiders introduction
Transcript of The Outsiders introduction
the 1960s 1961 The United States enters the Vietnam War 1963 Martin Luther King Jr gives his "I Have a Dream" speech. President Kennedy is assasinated. 1967 The first Superbowl is played
between the Packers and the
Chiefs. The Packers Win! 1968 MLK Jr. is assasinated in Memphis. 1969 Neil Armstrong lands on the moon 1960s Icons music Elvis The Beatles Jimi Hendrix Aretha Franklin cars Mustangs Corvairs Now, back to The Outsiders There are two groups The Greasers Come from the working, poorer class.
They live on the east side of town.
Their name comes from their greased-back, usually long hair The "Socs" Children of wealthy families.
They come from the west side of town.
They are the Greasers' rivals. John F. Kennedy moves into the White House