Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of DaRen
Synthesis Project 2013
How can a 3D indoor navigation application be developed, which provides the real time location of the user based on Wi-Fi technology?
Joint Research Centre with Wuhan University of Technoloy
Fingerprinting is based on matching measured signal strengths of access points with a previously created map of the local signal strengths
Offline phase; collect data for the
radio map and obtaining a unique
signature of signal strengths of local
access points at the research area
Online phase; the comparison of
the received signal strengths to the
radio map and in that way give the
approximate location of the user
Triangulation is used to extract network in each room:
Startnode -> provided through localization
Endnode -> povided by user
Shortestpath algorithm used for route determination.
A* selects nodes that are closest to the source node and uses heuristic function for guidance
Does it work?
Unity3D game engine
Possible implementation of DaRen app for transportations hubs like airports and train stations.
Most common wayfinding problems can be solved by the Daren Application. Common wayfinding problems are for example difficulties to identify current position and determining the route.
However, full implementation of the DaRen application is time consuming and a full WLAN-infrastructure is necessary.
This project has shown the potential of a 3D indoor navigation system:
- Own localization method which localizes and monitors the visitors
- Semi-automatic extraction of the network
- Application serves both visitor and museum
Our own Method:
Wi-Fi monitored fingerprinting