Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Periodic Table of Elements
Transcript of The Periodic Table of Elements
Let's Prep | Warm Up
1. Record your HW in your agenda.
2. Complete your Warm Up | Prep on page 6 of your notebook.
Warm Up | Prep
1. Observe the periodic table below. Find at least 3 patterns and explain why you think it is a pattern.
2. An atom of Oxygen has an atomic number of 8. Based on this information, how many protons does this atom have? Electrons?
3. Phil thinks that water is a compound, but Marcel thinks water is an element. In 3 sentences or less, determine who is correct and 2 reasons WHY.
Periodic Table Foldable
box (leave all 6 squares together).
2. Cut the
HORIZONTAL long line
3. Lay "
" as your
on the table.
4. Fold (
like a fan
) the remaining pieces together.
5. Put a
small piece of tape
to join non-reactive and metal together.
Reactive vs. Nonreactive
Easily/readily responds (joining, repelling, forming a new substance) to other elements.
Does not respond noticeably to the presence of other elements.
Na and K are stored in bottles because they are highly reactive especially with Oxygen that's why they keep it in a bottle.
Metals, Nonmetals and Metalloids
Metal: easily conducts heat & electricity
Nonmetal: lack metallic properties, poor
conductors of heat and electricity.
Metalloid: looks like a metal but is a poor
conductor of electricity.
Metal: Ni (nickel)
Nonmetal: Kr (Krypton)
Metalloid: As (Arsenic)
Visual: (select a different color for each to highlight on PT)
Using your new knowledge of the periodic table and locations of different types of elements,
1) complete your vocabulary worksheet
2) creating your vocabulary cards for this week
VOCAB SHEET OUTLINE
1. Complete everything
2. Pair & discuss your responses with your shoulder buddy
Word, picture, initials top L corner
HAPPY MONDAY, EVERYONE!
1. Interactive Notebook
3. Coloring materials & glue
Notebook Setup is Below:
Date Topic/Activity Page #
9.15.14 The Periodic Table Vocab 7
Groups vs. Period
Arranged according to:
increasing atomic number