Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Stalinism
* Born December 18, 1878
* Gori, Georgia, Russia
* Born as Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili
* Parents were a cobbler and washerwoman
* Smallpox at 7
* Left arm was deformed from Smallpox
* Bullied as a child
* Mother wanted him to become a priest
* Church School in Gori
* Tiflis Theological School in 1894 (16)
* Messame Dassy - secret society that supported Georgia's independence from Russia
* Left seminary school in 1899
* 1901 he joined the Social Democratic Labor Party
* 1902 arrested for labor strike and exiled to Siberia
* Adopted the name Stalin (steel)
* Blacklisted by tsar's secret police
* 1907 robbed the Tiflis bank, 250,000 rubles ($3.4 million)
* 1917 Russian Revolution began, tsar abdicated and placed under house arrest
* By October Bolsheviks had control
* 1922 Stalin became General Secretary of Communist Party
Rise to Power
* 1924 Lenin died, leading to Stalin's power (Trotsky exiled)
* Show trials
* Murders in the basement of Kremlin or Lubyanka
* Killing fields
Murders in Moscow
Did Stalin Save the World?
Intro to Joseph Stalin