Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Technology Addiction
Why we chose it:
GoAnimate is a simply program used to create animations.
- How to navigate GoAnimate and use Snagit to save our final copy.
- We learnt how to integrate an artefact into a multidisciplinary unit.
- Reliance of technology is not always great.
By Erin King & Hannah Matthews
- Very simple and easy to use.
- Lots of features.
- You can make animations longer than 30 seconds.
- Option to buy for school use.
- Inappropriate actions and props (e.g. guns)
- Only publishes the first 30 seconds.
- The more you added, the slower the program got.
- Free version- we were worried it would freeze.
- You would have to buy the full version to use it in a classroom.
- When you drag out one scene to make it longer, it cuts it off the next scene.
- The text-to-voice option sometimes didn’t pronounce words correctly and we had to misspell words in order to get them to say what we wanted them to.
What we Learnt:
Place in the Classroom
WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY?
What is it?
- Hadn't used it before
- Looked engaging and fun
- Looked appealing to our audience
- To challenge ourselves
- Kym suggested it
- Our artefact was designed to raise awareness of how addicting technology can be without realising it. It also aims to get students to self reflect on how often they themselves use technology and to think about what they could be missing out on around them while they are using it.
DO YOU USE TECHNOLOGY FOR MORE THAN THE RECOMMENDED 4 HOURS PER DAY?
HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU FORGET TO TAKE YOUR PHONE SOMEWHERE WITH YOU?
ARE YOU ADDICTED TO TECHNOLOGY?
"GoAnimate's mission is to enable businesses, schools, and individuals to make videos — quickly and easily."
Hung, A. (2014). About Us. Retrieved from GoAnimate: http://goanimate.com/about
- Created using the GoAnimate tutorial whilst further explaining functions.
- Used Snagit to capture.
- GoAnimate tutorial was extremely helpful and easy to follow.
- It’s an easy program that would be great to use within a classroom due to its simplicity.
- We learnt how to use alternative solutions.
- We learnt how to overcome adversity when using new programs.
- Important to SAVE WORK as you go.
- Learnt to compromise and try alternative ideas.