Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intestinal Epithelial-Omar and Skylar
Transcript of Intestinal Epithelial-Omar and Skylar
1. It can have a square structure depending on where it is found in the body.
2. It can have a cube structure
3. It can have a column-like structure
Function Of the Cell
1. Boundary and protection
a. Inner and outer lines of body cavities
b. Protects tissue
c. Has Layers
2. Aids transportation of filtered material through the use of transport systems
3. Absorbs filtered such as glucose and puts it in the blood supply
4. Creates fluids for processes, such as digestion, protection, excretion, reproduction and metabolic processes
1. Has special cilia hairs
2. Has gap junctions
3. Has extra fibrous basement membrane
Reason For Pronounced/Missing Organelles
1. The cilia hairs push mucus and other particles in a certain direction
2. The gap junctions allow the exchange of nutrients
3. The extra cellular fibrous basement membrane are there because the cells have no intracellular spaces and are separated by the extra membrane
a. Helps body with senses such as
Mainly in the digestive systems, but they can be found everywhere.
Line many organs, such as the colon, small intestine, and stomach.
a.cilia aid structures passing by
-the cilia "sweep" it on through the passageway
-cilia also keep harmful debree away from the lungs
1. The Epithelial Cell Covers Most of the inside of your body
2. Besides the digestive system, it is in our eyes, ears, mouth, jaw, hands, and reproductive organs
3. Our bones are made up of the Epithelial cell
Cilliated Column Structure
Help Epithelial Cells Communicate
Nutrients to be