Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TECHNOLOGY AND HUMANISM
Transcript of TECHNOLOGY AND HUMANISM
1. explain how technology could be a boon or bane; and
2. point ways on how to increase humanism while using technology
Technology came from the Greek word teknologia which means systematic treatment or craft. It is the term for all the methods people develop to satisfy their needs and wants.
It is concerned with ways to improve life.
The field of education is not an exception to the wonders of technology. Video cameras, compact discs, and computers, and even the chalk board are but some of the products of technology.
There is a threat that the same technology will destroy the quality of life in modern society and endanger society itself:
job inhighly technological industries
The ordinary classroom is a potential place where technology and the issue of humanism could cross.
In a classroom, humanism can be introduce through interaction between the teacher and the students, active participation of students, and regular meetings and consultations.
A group meets on a regular basis to discuss common reading assignments
A course consisting of complete modules but students have periodic interactions with the professor
A college lecture with little or no interaction between the professor and the students
A course consisting of modules each compose of objectives, materials and self-evaluation format.
TECHNOLOGY AND HUMANISM IN SCHOOL