Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Belief Vs Prejudice 2
Transcript of Belief Vs Prejudice 2
A PREJUDICE is a half-baked opinion based on insufficient or unexamined evidence
Action Time!!! In groups of 3 pick one of the following beliefs and use critical thinking skills to analyze it:
1. Santa Claus is real.
2. Everything you read on the internet is true.
3. Extraterrestrials do exist.
After you are finished analyzing the belief your group has chosen, make a short skit about how the belief can be helpful and NOT helpful
EX: A person is happy to believe Santa is real because it gets you presents. (helpful)
The downfall is the child is disappointed when they find out Santa is not real. (unhelpful belief) Scene Two!!! In the same group of 3 pick one of the following prejudices and use critical thinking skills to analyze it:
1. Every person wearing glasses and reading a book is smart.
2. All African Americans can dance.
3. All Blondes are dumb.
After you are finished analyzing the prejudice your group has chosen, make a short skit about the prejudice stating if this is a positive or negative prejudice Assessment 1. Explain the difference between a belief and a prejudice.
2. Name 2 beliefs and 2 prejudice that are not in the prezi.
3. Explain how a prejudice can be positive.
4. Explain can a belief can be helpful.
Draw a cartoon about Beliefs Vs Prejudice using your critical thinking skills http://writing.colostate.edu/guides/teaching/co300man/pop12d.cfm