Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of FORBIDDEN LOVE
- Francois Rabelais Desire? Longing? Yearning? Pursuit? Through the easily accessible avenues of the internet, contemporary poets of the 21st century rejuvenate the discourse of forbidden love, as expressed in earlier pieces, to fulfil the desires of a modern audience more adequately. LEONARD COHEN Religion Isolation Sexuality Complex interpersonal relationships 'Ode on a Grecian Urn' - John Keats 'Suzanne' 'Y' GENERATION "She lets the river answer, that you've always been her lover" "All men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them" ANCIENT EVENTS IN MODERN CONTEXT Suzanne Verdal - "a young schoolgirl... into becoming Armand's lover and then wife" "OBSERVER" THEMES OF FORBIDDEN LOVE VISUAL IMAGERY EMOTIONAL CONNECTION IMPACT ON MODERN GENERATIONS RE-INVENTION Retro, edgy, capturing & upbeat cover of 'Suzanne' 20,000 HITS 21st Century Musicians: Beck Hansen
Devendra Banhart NEW PERSPECTIVE MUSIC IS THE 21ST CENTURY MEDIUM FOR POETS TO REACH AND ENGAGE AN AUDIENCE Awed Devotion, or Forbidden Charm?